Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Right And Wrong

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by David Oakley on September 1, 2003 04:34:21 UTC

Yes you are right in saying I am tormenting people by putting stupid statements in this forum and yes you are right there was no question, for this I am sorry, I am just trying to stir peoples thinking in my own way.
You are wrong however to think I am using an alias, why would I? I have used an alias in the past but, that was when I was involved in illegal activity. As far as I can see there is no need to use one here.
So, a question huh? Okey Dokey,
Is the speed of light the fastest anything can go or does the light coming out of a car going 60 mph go c+60 mph?
I have been told taht light will always go the speed of light faster than you, and the if you were traveling the speed oflight in a space ship and you turned the lights on ...relativity thing. Which is right? simple yes? too simple for the brain chaps here so,
Science began when people got pissed off with religious leaders saying "Give us more money or your going to hell" the clever folk were sent around the world to name everything, bringing the data back they started a data base, a basic understanding of nature. Ok maybe it began before that with newton, galileo etc but with this information after a short time people thought that's all there is, we are just a chemical reaction in a way. That is what this forum is about "god versus science". Whenever people look at the stars they are overwhelmed, admitting it is a matter of character, so this forum has the most posts in the god bit because the topic is overwhelming. I could go on all day and I'm missing bits out so I'll cut to the questions:
"A strong belief in science and a strong belief in religion often contradict each other, how can people put so much faith in such old propaganda?"
"Why don't all the heads get together and make a new religion? One that makes sense of all the religions and all the science it's quite easy, I did it for myself read "The dot" further down"
and another one just for fun:
"If there was no bad would we know we were happy? I think yes, when I'm happy I don't think about the bad times. But when I'm sad I think of nothing but the good times, so if there was no good would we know we were sad?"
Right, I know not overly astronomy related but there' my questions, thanks even if no one answers it feels good to put them down cheers Ta Ta David Oakley

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins