Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
How Do The Rabbis Define Inspired?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Duane Eddy on August 26, 2003 03:45:04 UTC

and how do you define it.

Does that mean God gets exactly what He wants in the book or....
mostly but the writer can mess up a few things.

I must admit I am curious.

You said:
If you accept that the new testament is written in parables, not literals, and that Jesus is god talking to us, then why do you insist on thinking that the Torah is any more than metaphor with messages, not historical fact?

Because Jesus spoke of them as if he believed they were literal.
Do you wish references?

You said:
Sedimentary rock is dated from when it became a sediment. It would date a world wide flood, if there were one.

It wouldn’t if the trace radioactive elements were not given a chance to escape before being buried. The resulting sedimentary rock would have all the trace elements of the older rocks they were formed from.
False assumptions of slow gradual process give false results.

You said.
I do not think it matters to god whether you believe in the literal truth of the bible or not.

So the ten commandments are really the ten suggestions?

You said.
I do not think it matters to god whether you believe in the literal truth of the bible or not.

So the ten commandments are really the ten suggestions?

If I took hell to be a factious place and it turns out to be real, that would be a nasty surprise.

Duane

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins