Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Thy Torah Is Inspired By God

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on August 25, 2003 00:04:48 UTC

But not written by God. You are correct about nonliteral meanings. So why take it literally at all. Days were nonliteral measures of time. The ancients thought they were actual days. But now god has given us enough factual experimental science, which by the way I take to be god-inspired modern scripture, to know what he knows with greater accuracy.

I studied the Torah with learned Rabbis. Who did you study with? I know that God cares for me because a supernatural being told me so and told me what he wanted me to do on earth, and I did it.
I also believe in my intuition, which is in my opinion a connection to god.

If you accept that the new testament is written in parables, not literals, and that Jesus is god talking to us, then why do you insist on thinking that the Torah is any more than metaphor with messages, not historical fact?

Sedimentary rock is dated from when it became a sediment. It would date a world wide flood, if there were one.

I do not think it matters to god whether you believe in the literal truth of the bible or not. You have that freedom of choice.

What matters is how you act on those beliefs.

Sincerely,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins