Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Yes

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mikey Pearson on August 24, 2003 00:14:45 UTC

"To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those things that lie beyond."
-- Hypatia
"Mankind is prone to seek an explanation of uncommon phenomena only, while the ordinary changes of nature, which are in themselves equally wonderful, are disregarded."
-- Almira Lincoln Phelps

Hi Robert…If you seek agreement, we have some. Yes. Still, it is fun to contribute
differences too. My comments follow these quotes from http://web.archive.org/web/20000115234126/www.ifsas.org/quotesci.htm :
It's okay to take things for granted, I'd say. If not, then you could not count on your bank account, your utilities, your heartbeat, your breathing. However, it is also wise to accept signals from these.

The article we are discussing was found with a search for Tich Naht Hanh, I don’t want to paraphrase it too much. It can be read and savored itself.
I would not wish to oversimplify it.

Another related observation is:
Right where we are sitting now, starting anywhere, we can find plenty of depth in what is closest to us and cultivate a capacity to enjoy and learn about these supposedly ordinary things.
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins