Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Making Matter

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by David Oakley on August 15, 2003 04:36:45 UTC

I know we can't create matter but I was thinking about it and I came up with this, unsupported, nonsense:
In a nuclear reaction the energies created are heat, light and kinetic (right?) so to create matter we'd have to reverse their direction (?) condense these into a very small volume and what was there would be heavier(?) further down on the periodic table of the elements. Does light have mass? It is bent by gravitational feilds so it must. Is this where the matter would come(?) from, the heat and compression forcing the atoms to increase in size. At the very begining is it possible all there really was was a lot of light. Why does light have a finite speed? Now to all you clever folks this must seem like the jabberings of a loon, but please entertain me.
Another thing I thought about was, is it possible to treate nuclear waste with this thinking, I know we don't have the energy needed but some research might be interesting.
Dave

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins