Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Am Willing To Discuss Anything

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on August 14, 2003 17:31:54 UTC

I was just being respectful of your requirements for discussion.

By my own personal experience I know that god is guiding me. I then generalize this to postulate that god has guided evolution to some extent.

Yes, in my religion we will eventually become gods, with god's help.

The rabis who wrote the Torah also dated the universe as 6,000 plus years old. What gives you the right to change their determination, since they are supposedly writing the word of god.

Yes, I would like your explanation of how the sun, moon and stars could be created after the earth.

God has given us free will so that we can accept him or reject him. Therefore, he will give us no scientific evidence that forces a choice on us. If he did we would lose the free choice to reject him, and accepting him into our hearts would not be so meaningful.

I would also like you to reply to my literal interpretation of the requirement to die and be reborn in order to enter heaven. I presume that your interpretation is not literal, but rather assumes that it can happen while you are alive.

I would also like you to respond to my literal interpretation that you have to keep all the laws of Moses to get into heaven. Christians do not take this part of the Bible literally.

Bottomline- You do not take the whole of the bible as literal. Neither do I. We just disagree on which parts should be taken literally.

Sincerely,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins