Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Let Me Clarify....

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Duane Eddy on August 14, 2003 12:19:38 UTC

This is a copy of my post"Are you dating the universe or the Earth?"
Which explains why the universe is not dated in the Torah as you have suggested.

------------------
"The Torah only dates the earth back to Earths first day which would be a few thousand years ago assuming a literal translation.
Before the Earths first day the Earth exists already as a void planet. Gen 1:2
How long was the Earth there before the first day?
A day?
A year?
A trillion years?
This information is not given.

The Torah does not date the universe.
The Torah only dates the time back to the day God gave the earth a surface remodel."
------------------

Your argument will of course will jump to verse 14 with the creation of the stars. I believe I have a interesting understanding for this text also. Unfortunately we decided to terminate our discussion at verse 2.

I will stop here as I do not intend to violate your “agree to disagree” request. I have found God to be a gentleman who never forces His way in and I attempt to mimic Him whenever possible.

PS.
The common evolution model does not require us to be dependent on God for anything. Is that why you consider it positive?
I mean that we would eventually become Gods our self through evolution without Gods help.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins