Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Wrong

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on August 11, 2003 02:35:24 UTC

The fossil record doesn’t support evolution either.

There's a game that one can ALWAYS play with science. It goes like this.

Skeptic of Science: Prove that X exists.

Scientist: Well, we have good reason for X because (a,b,c,...z)

Skeptic of Science: Yes, but you still didn't prove that X exists. Give me more proof.

Scientist: Hmmm, I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for, can you be more specific?

Skeptic of Science: Sure, you jumped from a to b, b to c,..., y to z. You didn't show me what happens between each of those 'jumps'. Show me exactly what happens from a to b. Also, prove it logically to me.

Scientist: I'm a little at a loss for words. Science can't satisfy the demands of logical proof that you are looking for.

Skeptic of Science: Well, there you have it, you haven't PROVED any thing. I am entitled to be a skeptic and believe anti-science belief Y.

Scientist: You aren't justified in believing Y because Y has little evidence to support it and it is not coherent with (a,b,c..z).

Skeptic of Science: You can't show how a to b, b to c, etc, therefore X is also unjustified. Both X and Y are pure beliefs. I'm just as entitled to believe in Y as you are X.

Scientist: I honestly don't have time for this. I suggest that you study http://www.talkorigins.org

So, with that, I refer you to http://www.talkorigins.org

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins