Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Is There Such A Thing As A Soul?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by David Oakley on August 7, 2003 09:50:41 UTC

Playing around with chromosomes is an extremely intricate business. People are, quite rightly, afraid that we may accidently create a freak or start something we can't stop. In my opinion to even think that we are capable of playing god is egotistical in the extreme, yes we can clone but to clone you still need eggs, DNA, sperm, test tubes, doctors, electric, matter, quarks and time all of which we cannot create. Dangerous thing to say but I shall say it any way, if nobody was able to do it, it would not get done, we can, so someone will. I know very little about the history of this subject, all I can say is people notice the falls more than the triumphs with this type of science. Changing human chromosomes to make people stronger, fitter, healthier is a good thing, done with a pure heart, I believe. But in a way daft, everything will die and there is no shortage of humans, maybe the money would be better spent making the world a nicer place for the life here and on the way naturally.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins