Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Wisdom Of Alan

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Harvey on August 5, 2003 16:14:25 UTC

Or, my favorite Alan quotes. You decide if it is wisdom or just plain hysterical:

costs of internet use are a mountain for me to climb

I have had spectacular success in "dissolving" physics

I have not yet posted much of the document I'm writing

I hope someone understands this!

Harv, what are you talking about? Sometimes I wonder if you are Dr. Dick?

Can you prove there is such a thing as "abstract"?

To disagree you first have to agree?

Agreement on "God" : maybe ideas about "God" cause confusion as people have been taught different things

Entropy is optional

Physics laws are optional

Universal Dirac Delta function becomes "1 + 1 = 2"

entropy is voluntary

What I have said is consistent with how scientists treat entropy

Count MEETS count

consciousness of freedom of freedom in freedom: Existence

I have mapped the reality described in physics texts quite extensively; not published yet though

How can I raise funds for paying internet fees to be in this forum?

so entropy CAN increase as "time passes" BUT ONLY IF YOU COUNT!

Physics laws are optional and can take any form; it's a question of how you count

and with what I knew and recall experiencing as a newborn baby

The equation E = m c squared has been said to say that: when you lose mass you gain energy. When I define "energy" as "alternatives" and when I define "mass" as "freedom" or some might say "uncertainty" or "meaning" possibly say

Alternatives = meaning of comparison of comparison ....of course!

I can show how QED is not only circular but is OPTIONAL

...math is just math

Even "approximations" are real approximations, surely?

math a house of cards built on sand?

we are in a scenario like in the movie "the matrix"?

But I can not judge math, only free it....

It occurs to me that "E = mc squared" translates to "a picture is worth a thousand words" in general terms

I would say that everything is "real"

Music from a CD player is real; real CD-music. It is not a live band; but it is really what it is though...

internet place closing... more later

You can see your eyes in a mirror

Why should it be any superior to hear your eyes than to see them?

I would say the world as perceived by you is the world as perceived by you.

I may be able to show you that "physics" is "math INSIDE math"

Illusion is illusion. Ambiguity is ambiguity. Confusion is confusion. Assumption is assumption.

generalised horses are generalised

freedom meets freedom in freedom

everything voluntary

Hey diddle diddle (math meet math) the cat (Schrodinger's cat) and the fiddle (is it alive or dead?) the cow jumped over the moon (neither, the background hasn't done a deal with the subject yet so anything logically consistent is possible apparently) the little dog laughed to see such fun (joy of freedom in freedom: creation) and the dish ran away with the spoon (logical consistency: and a new creation is made and a new now)".

Have you read "The Cartoon Guide To Physics" by Larry Gonick; the clearest presentation of a lot of basic physics I've ever come across.

Physics is what it is.

Hey diddle diddle" looks like it can be thought of as "one mathematics" meets "another mathematics"

"the cow jumped over the moon" : obviously that is impossible? But how do you define "cow" and how do you define "moon"?

"How do you like your reality to be served, Sir?" one could say ?

But I've found the game of Chess to map very well into the physics standard model. Even golf.

pawns give 8 gluons Rook move rule and bishop move rule give electro-magnetism King as proton; Queen as neutron (if I recall right) If you can play Chess you can do physics well perhaps?

not rich enough to read everything

Physicists have found reality will not be constrained. Sounds like they are discovering the meaning of eternal life???

If everything freely asociates; meaning appears optional; things mean whatever you want them to in honesty?

speed of light constant: speed of speed: comparison of comparison

I didn't do enough work to pass my first University year in physics; I skiied though

Honesty gives access to ultra-hi IQ to anyone

I decided to investigate the process of falling asleep. I caution people here as to deliberately try to catch yourself falling asleep can lead you into deep water and you might not be very employable if you venture very far; though that is not necessarly undesirable.

After about three weeks of attempting to, but not managing to, catch myself in the very moment of falling asleep; I had that incredible experience of the "noise in my head like a screaming jet engine".

Ever been trapped in a dream; struggling to wake up? I once was trapped in a dream; had a real struggle to wake up; actually "woke up" in my dream (but not in the world) but something wasn't right- it wasn't the real wake up! Was a real struggle to REALLY wake up!

I don't read much

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins