Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Not Exactly

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on August 5, 2003 14:48:42 UTC

Hmm.... you can't understand my position when I explain it to you, but if Dr. Schaffenhauser does it, using a German expression here and there, then you understand it? Now I'm the one who doesn't understand it!

You said that you couldn't understand why I didn't understand your position, and I was merely trying to say that if you just give me a reference to a philosophical theory that is like-minded to your view, then I'll have a much better idea of what you are trying to say. The reason is that there might be key technical passages that might be missing in your reply that the philosophical theory has spelled out in detail.

Otherwise, we have to continually play the guessing game of what each other means and keep reiterating that this is not what was meant, etc. Sometimes, just going to an outside source is faster. Although someone once referenced Hilary Putnam, but it turned out that they didn't properly understand Putnam. That happens too, I guess.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins