Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Discussion Could Be Fun...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul R. Martin on August 2, 2003 19:12:24 UTC

...if only there were more free time available for it.

Hi Mike,

I have been reading most of your conversations on this forum but I haven't had the time or the inclination to jump in until now. As Dick said, he had I have had what we both consider to have been fun and fruitful discussions centered around my attempts to understand his ideas. We have also had some less-successful conversations centered around my attempts to get him to understand some of my ideas.

Then you come along and neatly summarize the net results of such conversations, minus the fun, by saying:

"[E]xcept for ordinary, worldly things such as "can I have a hot-dog and a Coke please", the intended meaning of sentences cannot be conveyed that easily, if at all."

If I had more free time, I would enjoy talking more with you. If you have some free time on your hands, you are invited to visit www.paulandellen.com/essays/essays.htm

Warm regards,

Paul

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins