Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
GOD, Created All? Evilness As Well?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.o.Sofir on January 28, 1999 11:16:20 UTC

: Premise 1: Evil Exists in the World : Premise 2: God is all good : Premise 3: God is all knowing : Premise 4: God is all poweful : Conclusion 1: God knows the evil exists : Conclusion 2: God allows it to exist : Conclusion 3: God could stop it : Conclusion: God is not all PKG

After reading the followups, I guess I could have something to add. In my search for GOD, I found it, and where it resides, it was within myself, and not external. But this contradicted the real concept of GOD, that which is all everything, but I am not such, so I came to the conclusion that the universe is not ruled by a GOD, and that I was trying to place the concept of GOD to the universe for my own reasons, such as an explanation to good and bad. The problem with this is that it is only a perception. When a person is eaten by a bear, we feel this is bad, and it is to us, but to the bear and its perception, is a good thing. It is the same with differing cultures, religions, even when the outcome is death or war. Which perception is correct? All? None? All manner of what we concieve of bad also has its percievers that such is good. There simply has never been a case of two individuals believing in the exact same GOD, close mabey, but in some way, every conception of it is different in some important way. The way we come to an agreement about the nature of GOD, is through generalization, and this is based upon the agreement of specific sets of past present and future events. I keep hearing this perfection aspect of GOD, and the aguments against it are seen all the time. If God is perfect, how could bad, or even the perception of it have been created at all? This is supposedly "explained" by free will, angels rebeling (free will again) and that we as humans gave it licence in the world by our bad disobediance... But none of this makes sense, even as a "Christian" I would ask this of my "teachers" and was given hocus pocus or reprimand for even bringing up the question "We are not meant to know such things" or tempt not the lord, or that the God did not make it... That is a problem, for if one is to question the concept of evil, and/or its origins, we either find resistance, or that we must question it on thier terms and with certain assumptions already attatched which automatically "prove" God exists. The problem I found is that to seriously question the concept of God, is to find God impossible. Even if we were created, and had free will, then it would have been the free will within goodness only, for different actions within the scope of goodness would have been our only choice if God were all goodness and had created all things. There is no way around this, is there?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins