Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Mega-lies?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mike Levine on July 31, 2003 13:34:33 UTC

In a post a few days ago you said this:

But if you count God first; nothing shall be impossible to you

Do you believe those kinds of grand claims should be backed by something more solid than mere words, some sort of proof or evidence? For instance, if I tell you "Alan, I can give you eternal youth if you pay me 200 pounds a month for the rest of your life", wouldn't you be afraid of disposing valuable funds which could be better spent somewhere else?

(please don't take this to "my theory proves we can be eternally young"; it's not my point. My point is, isn't proof required before commitment?)

In any case, Mike Pearson was wise enough to make the following observation, which you (purposedly?) ignored:

Oh, yeah. But you were saying you were short of cash to answer some of my earlier posts -- couldn't afford internet. Has that changed?

Don't you realize the fact that something so trivial, such as internet access, which is so easy to a lot of people and so difficult to you, means you are perhaps not as in close touch with reality as you claim to be?

You also recently asked how you could solve your 'internet funds' problem. Doesn't it strike you as strange that someone who knows so much about reality doesn't have enough knowledge to get himself a computer with unlimited access? Even Harv, whom you seem to consider so "afraid of the truth" knows the answer to the question that eludes you.

I don't want to sound patronizing but I think you have to hear this. There is a great truth to the universe, which is unrealized by far too many people. The great truth is that we know very little but think we know a lot. It's very easy to convince yourself of anything you want, because when it comes to your own arguments, you are the most gullible guy around. Now don't you think you shouldn't trust one so gullible as yourself that much? Isn't the skepticism of others, their cynicism even, actually a blessing to help you defend yourself from your own naivete?

I'm sure you'll reason your way out of this. I just feel I had to say it, now it's said.

Regards,

ML

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins