Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Harv Are You Worried?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on July 31, 2003 11:40:37 UTC

Hi Harv,

My impression is that this "brave new world" of "pattern template transferability" has you scrambling for something to "hang your hat on"?

That is understandable.

It is interesting to scan patterns for possible similarities with other patterns. But whereas one can live with the analogies and metaphors of poetry; the discovery of WORKING pattern transferability may scare one as "crazy" and as "too generalised"?

But it is a question of pathway perhaps? Dr. Stafford claimed much of modern physics was "a made-up story"; I can see say why he might think along those lines............?

But so long as freedom and honesty are core values; what is there to fear? Honesty and feedom mean EVERY thought counts; nothing is concealed.

It is repression that is dangerous: cross a railroad wearing a blindfold and earmuffs and you may get hit by a train. Open your eyes and ears and you SEE the trains.

My system may seem "crazy" but it is not. "Crazy" just means "disagree/ misunderstand"; but in freedom all possible agreement paths are seen; understanding is possible.

Beyond "epistemic assumptions": the beginning and end of assumptions and of knowing.............
????????????????????????

Regards,

Alan

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins