Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You Are Right About Something Being Missing

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on July 27, 2003 11:36:23 UTC

What is missing are the forces that operate in dark matter that we cannot detect. I agree that gravity alone cannot do the job. What is needed for dark matter to support and sustain intelligent beings are forces that are at least as complex as EM, but which are not EM else we would detect it.

The paper makes a few suggestions in that regard.
1. Russian theory contains the math of the forces but not any indication of the nature of those forces.
2. One simple possibility is that there exists a new force based on a charge not know to us, sometimes called the charge of consciousness, for which like-charges attract rather than repel (EM like-charges repel)
3. The most dramatic possibility is that the BEC of dark matter is the medium that supports quantum functions. This is then Bohm theory with the medium of the pilot waves specified.

I like #3 because it removes the magic from quantum theory and makes everything materialistic, even the supernatural, and therefore amenable to understanding.

There is an example in known physics of how this medium would work. That is the flow of electrons thru a superconductor. Somehow the electrons are guided past atoms without touching them. That might happen because of a new force, some people call the charge of consciousness, or it could merely be a property of waves that can interpenetrate.

But the point is that the flow of electrons in a superconductor, which is a BEC, is not understood on the level of the interaction of forces. Any experiment can be predicted from condensed matter theory, but what forces are operative are not known.

Quantum mechanics has the same failing. There are several equally good theories for quantum mechanics, for example, (i)Feymann's particles only universe- no quantum functions, (ii) wave/particle universe in which waves mysteriously collapse into particles on the Planck scale to interact with other types of particles, and (iii) waves only universes like everett's many universe theory. We just do not understand what is going on on the level of forces. We do not understand if reality is all particles, all waves, waves and particles, or as discussed on this forum, just perceptions.

So bottomline. Something, perhaps the same thing, is missing from everything. A creative consciousness, i.e., the particles in a BEC (e.g., a superconductor or superfluid) know where to move to avoid collisions. If we can come to understand this on a fundamental level, we may then be able to understand how quantum theory works. Right now we can make predictions without really knowing how it works.

Religious people call this thing god. I think it may eventually be understood by physicists.

Hope this catches your interest.

Yours,

Richard, the other Dr. Dick
aka DummerDick
(which combines DrummerDick with DumberDick)
aka yanniru

I have lots of screen names. But I put them all on the same post.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins