Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
One More Thing

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael Levine on July 25, 2003 14:06:36 UTC

One thing I forgot to mention, which is the reason I don't want to pursue this topic:

The concept itself is so alien to common thought that there exist no words devoted to expression of the ideas I am trying to communicate

Ludwig Wittgenstein, in my opinion the greatest philosopher of the modern era, ended his Tractatus with this unbelievably wise sentence:

"Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must remain silent"

That has been the guiding light of my thinking ever since I read it. Few experiences can be more exhilarating than cleaning your mind of all the garbage you accumulate through life. "If you can't talk about it, you can't think about it, therefore don't". That's my motto.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins