Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
On A Side Issue...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael Levine on July 23, 2003 17:22:30 UTC

Dick,

I'm recovering from a minor surgical procedure, so my weekdays are filled with loneliness and boredom. I'm back to work next week; until then this website is providing me some distraction. One of my favorite pastimes is to find errors and discrepancies, of any kind. I don't know why, I find it entertaining.

I just realized something strange about the two posts you wrote me:

I know you have the power to lie about anything you post

That is not 100% correct. Criminal investigation works on the basis that sometimes it's possible to know, beyond reasonable doubt, when a person is telling the truth. Or lying.

For instance, the following three statements could get you in trouble with the police:

I have hidden two people: Mike Person [...] and Harv

What that means is that I cannot see anything Harv posts nor can I see anything posted as an answer to anything Harv has posted

You seem to be very good at maintaining a strong logical position on rational thought in spite of heavy psychological battery

Don't you think your third statement implies you know something you couldn't possibly know if the first and second statements are true? Can you explain that?

(I'm not questioning your character, just trying to play a little)

ML

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins