Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Have Already Expressed My View On Metaphysics

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael Levine on July 22, 2003 13:50:20 UTC

Hi

I am sorry, I just found a post of yours directed to me buried down there amid all the weekend activity. Regarding that post, I'm not sure what to say about my background, as my education has little to do with my interests. As I see it, school is just a ticket to a job (or, often, to joblessness). As to my interests, I suppose the best way I can put it is that I like to think. The subject is not too important as long as it provides a reasonably solid basis to fly on my own. Of course some sciences are such a subject, but there's also history, philosophy, the arts, religion, and so on.

Now on your last post. Thanks for providing the link to an amusing read, but I regret to say I cannot add much of value. I recently wrote this to Harvey and it bears repeating here:

If you want to get the truth of abstract ideas, math is your only option. Beyond that, all you have are those German expressions which few people can understand, let alone agree with

My view on the problem of consciousness is that, being abstract by nature, it cannot be dealt with properly. If you give me facts about consciousness, things that can be measured, then I might be able to show you how it might be possible that this fact relates to that fact as a matter of logic. Beyond that, I'd rather spend my time reading poetry, if you know what I mean.

Regards,

ML

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins