Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Deity?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael Levine on July 22, 2003 12:42:26 UTC

If "But" were followed by something scientific, I would be clearer on this.

It's hard to be a scientist all the time. Because they're not supposed to lie, scientists don't have much to say.

I wonder...if you think I had that "exactly" right, why would I need your admonition to "become friends with that deity I ( Mike Levine ) mentioned above"

I was afraid my comment would not come out the way I intended. All I was trying to say can be summed up thus: if you try to consciously control the muscles in your mouth and your throat when you are eating, you will choke yourself. So who's controlling your muscles when you are not consciously doing it yourself? I'm not sure what you call it. Some people would call it the brain, but a certain portion of the particular brain writing this message answers by the name Michael Levine. I don't know what the rest of it is called.

Most folks on this forum would just say, "Whatever..." yet I guess you might know a thing or two about finesse, based on your invocations of the mystical deity during a volley about information theory.
Is the deity poetic? Does the deity inform us?

Is there a deity? I don't know. Do you know?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins