Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Not An Answer

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on July 21, 2003 11:41:02 UTC

Alan, where in your answer did you reply to my objection that most formal systems are inconsistent or not complete enough to be of much value? The point behind these objections is to show that you cannot demonstrate why it is that some formal systems are 'corresponding with the facts' and therefore rich and consistent, while other formal systems are not 'corresponding with the facts' and therefore poor and inconsistent. As I showed in terms of Euclid's fifth postulate, it is entirely possible to take two 'opposing' postulates and build rich and consistent formal systems from each.

Reality is what/ who exists.

This just isn't an argument. You have to do better than this.

Math-perspective with eyes closed might involve a self-fulfilling prophecy that makes a "Zeno coffin" for reality; boxing it inside imaginary walls like the imaginary wall the Zeno arrow supposedly hits in mid-air?

Might? I never said it couldn't (in my last post) because who knows... The point is that even if you want to go that far in just believing that, you should answer why it is so that two different formal systems can have 'opposing' postulates and still have consistent and rich formal systems from both.

But I can not judge math, only free it....

You think way too highly of yourself.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins