Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Eternal Life

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on July 20, 2003 12:13:07 UTC

very interesting investigations by Harv.

May I suggest:

the idea of free association.

The concept "definition" could seem like "locking something in a box" ? ; seems like "static" or "death". Of course, if the box is optional; ....

Jesus Christ talked as I recall hearing it said; that "I will provide a door from which you may come and go as you please".

If reality involves the possibility of meeting in freedom; no coercive sticking things together; things only stuck together of necessity from the law of non-contradiction; then how do you define "truth"?

Jesus Christ says (it has been told to us) "I am the Truth".

The idea seems to me to be that truth is not something dead; but eternally alive; "The One , True, Living God".

Numbers: numbers seem to be stickers that get stuck to things. You may say "one plus one equals two"; you may say "1 + 1 = 2"; you may use Japanese language, French language; you might say "blob and bob gives blobby".

How is "counting with numbers" in math constructed?

Looks like a pyramid structure of Zeno's Arrow type?

Zeno's Arrow:

Archer fires arrow at target. In the first moment it goes half way to target. In the next moment it goes half the remainder. In the (new) next moment it goes half the new remainder. In the
(new new) next moment it goes half the (new new) remainder.

Never gets to the target? you might ask?
Hitting an imaginary wall, a limit, in mid-air?

No; the "moments" were not equal but were being halved along with the distances as "moment" was defined here self-referentially by "distance".

Numbers in math: "1 + 1" the ones are assumed to be equal sized (but need not be; in reality they cannot be fully equal as to exist is to be different in some way or you could only have "A", not "A" and "B" in absolute descriptions ..."

How is "3" defined? In math it is a "generalisation"; where the ones may assume any order.

The construction of numbers in math has a self-referential aspect like Zeno's Arrow; and a pyramid structure building from layers of ones and groups.

Dr. Richard Stafford did a paper where he claims to have found physics laws apply to any communicable information. But he stepped aside re: math foundations somewhat it appears.

But I found more accurately it would seem "physics laws are associated with COUNTING".

And since counting is voluntary (how you group things; what group-labels you stick to things, is voluntary); since free living creating consciousness does not confine things to "dead" number boxes necessarily as to be is to be ; that is "unique", "different"...

Does an object touch another, Harv asks? Does it HAVE to? Seems associations, meetings; are voluntary; ..... the Kingdom of Heaven

"For I shall give you a logic that needs no rehearsal" did Jesus Christ say?

What Harv appears to have found is that math statements are circular? What I am suggesting is that everything is different (or seems it surely couldn't "be" in absolute terms obviously it seems ...)

So every "two" is different

math a house of cards built on sand?

we are in a scenario like in the movie "the matrix"?

Open your eyes and see with freedom...

"If you had faith as a grain of mustard seed, you could say "move" to this mpountain, and it would move"...

What is "a function" or "rule"? In math, it is different from a variable as it involves at least one situation where two variables are held together as a group, as a "one".

Dr. Richard Stafford appears to have re-discovered mathematics inside mathematics. His function "f = 0 " looks to me could be re-stating "1 + 1 = 2" that is, the minimum group size: two; the minimum group variable; the very definition of "function" in math.

Professor Stephen Hawking appears to have also re-discovered mathematics inside mathematics. What is the "pea instanton" that the (mathematically -described (?)) universe is postulated to start from? "1 + 1 = 2" surely?

Shocked at this?

Have I missed something?

Stephen Wolfram might not be so surprised; he seems to suspect the underlying principles are very simple?

Christopher Langan has surely already described with his ideas on "conspansive duality" something looking like "math redistributed inside math".

-Alan

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins