Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Criticism Is The Stuff Of Testing... Is The Stuff Of Science

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mikey Pearson on July 18, 2003 17:27:50 UTC

Brilliant view, EventHorizon !
"So if you are insecure about your work and your existence then continue to critizise others. But if you feel good about your work, then embrace the opinions of others, even if you think they are incorrect. Bits and pieces of their work will be sure to enhance your work and discovery and your work will enhance theirs."

I wonder if this can also apply to the high emotional intelligence displayed at times here. Some of the most intelligent statements showed a willingness to oppose the group consensus and
support a minority emotional style for the purposes of facilitating diverse discussion.

I might have only minor examples of myself doing that.
http://www.astronomy.net/forums/blackholes/messages/5475.shtml
I think when there have been folks here who shared a system of thought that I have been appreciative of the attempts and the above post expresses my stable view on that.

Warm regards,
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins