Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You Might Be On The Wrong Frequency...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by nåte on January 26, 1999 00:03:35 UTC

: I share the same philosophy as many others. Anything : which I can sense, I believe as real (unless I don't : trust my senses at that time). If someone tries to : tell me that "thing x" exists, then I'd like my senses : to be able to input that information first hand (ie. : no middleman like the bible).

: Of course in this media driven age there isn't much of : that going on, and you have to know how much you can : trust your media sources.

: From this perspective the onus is on the believers to : prove any existence of a God. Too many times I see : this subtle condition reversed, as if the non-believers : have to disprove God.

: We all follow logic in our lives, religous people or : otherwise. This is part of logic. It gets me very : angry when people say logic isn't everything because : it is! If you turn you back on logic in _any_ : argument at all then your just throwing it _all_ away.

: We all want a nice friendly God to look after us in life : and death. We all want to know why we were created : and whether God exists or not. We also forget all to : easily how we can become trapped in our own : subjectiveness.

You seem to be the naturalist type. You reject what is not logical. (thats fine) You accept only the natural. (narrow worldview) You deny the supernatural. (illogical, circular reasoning)

Isn't it possible that, as science begins to uncover the laws that govern nature, these may in fact be the very tools God uses to display his handiwork?

Why is it you state, "...Too many times I see this subtle condition reversed, as if the non-believers have to disprove God..." as though the burden of proof is on the theist? I see it completely 180 degrees reverse.

I believe if you study astronomy and its latest findings, you will, in no doubt, be at least a deist.

If you have any interest in the objective sciences, pay attention in detail as to latest discoveries and theories on the big bang. ie. something out of nothing.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins