Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Response To Paul

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Stanley on July 14, 2003 03:49:37 UTC

Paul,
The post that I wrote wasn't specifically meant for you. I just happened to be reading your post when the idea came to me.
But I will try to answer the questions that you cited. First, the reason why I put the word "thought" in parenthese was to illuminate the allegory between [ thought & humanity ]. I regret if the puncuation dissuaded the focus. What I wanted to convey was the notion of God being exempt from critique. We as humans create wonderful institutions and entities, that must be challenge because of the fact of our fallibility. But if I stand on the idea that all intellectual endeavors must face reproof to have creedance; then it holds that we must challenge the logic behind humanity. Which in turn means that we are inevitably going to question the logic behind God. If the statement of God's perfection and omnipotence is embraced as truth, do we then have the credibility to question said truth.
Also, the question that I asked "what is the purpose of thought?" was just me expressing a point of interest. It is to me that the purpose of thought is examination. We think to learn. What does god need to learn? So, if God does think and need thought, then what is the purpose of humanity.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins