Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Don't See A Contrast

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Nahla Ghoneim on July 13, 2003 12:15:37 UTC

The Judicial system in Islam doesn’t “claim their motivation was not given in the rules of this world”. There are the laws and they judge according to them in a fair system of defense and witnesses, just like any other system. The fact that the source of these laws is divine doesn’t make the system convoluted.

The morals I meant in “there’s no accusation/defense process about morals” were strictly personal. The state wouldn’t punish you for not being generous, caring for others, kind and respectful to your parents, brave,
But prostitution is a different thing. It’s a phenomenon in the societies that allow it. I’m not responsible for what some Muslim countries do. I looked in the subject and what I this is what I found: The punishment of having sex without marriage for unmarried people is whipping 100 lashes, and death for married people. But there are strict rules to carrying out the punishment. You must have four witnesses; otherwise the punishment cannot be carried out. You don’t think adultery is serious because you’re so used to the concept of sex outside marriage. But to me, and any Muslim, it’s shameful and completely unjustified. Moreover, a big degradation for women and men too. Why would any one marry if he could get what he wants without any obligations? If you look at it my way, you’ll see it’s dangerous to the stability of the society and individual contentment.

You’re asking what does God get out of us. The answer is nothing. God doesn’t need us; we’re the ones who are in need of him. God says “And I created not the devils and humans except they should worship Me“ (‘The Winnowing Winds‘ chapter, verse 56). And worship here is a wide concept, based on knowledge. He created us to give us. And because we know that, we believe His worship is an honor, His fear is bravery, and slavery to him is freedom from slavery to money, fame, or your instincts.

You said I “write many beautiful phrases which may please the soul to contemplate” and that my idea of god-consciousness is “interesting”.
Thank you. I just wrote what I believe in. I do thank God that at the age of 18, I know what I’m doing.
You also said: “There is not enough of this in everyday life”. I believe it’s your decision, you can choose how you want your life to be.

Yours truly,
Nahla

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins