Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Disagree With The Premise

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on July 11, 2003 12:33:24 UTC

Dear Stanley,

You state a premise in the paragraph:

"If we agree with the premiss that God is perfect; then god must exist, because not to exist would be an im-perfection. "

I even disagree with the logic. In logical terms you have equated perfection with existence and imperfection with non-existence. The strongest evidence that I can find, at least in this physical world, is that I exist and I know I am imperfect. So if we put your hypothesis to the test, it fails the experiment.

But moreover, I do not believe that god is perfect. I am more inclined to believe that god is evreything or at least in everything physical. Since nothing physical is perfect, a premiss, it follows that what we think of as god is not likely to be perfect.

I can give you a personal example. I was once the benefactor of channeling of a messenger from god, at least that was the claim. His name was Jomahales, or Joe McHale when recently alive in Ireland. When alive he drank a bit too much and carroused a bit, but he had a good heart, according to his story, and was given salvation and a job.

His job at that moment was to influence me to stop the deployment of Star Wars, the anti-missile/missile space defense system.

I took him at his word and he did seem authentic. For example, I once asked him if my daughter had to worry about air travel from Switzerland to the USA on Swiss Air. He said no, but was perplexed in that he saw two busses crashing out of the sky, and did not understand what that meant.

It was within a few months time that an Airbus crashed in the Paris Air Show, and then another crashed over Pakistan I think. So that is not anything the human channel could have known and it seemed to be authentic revelation. But who knows for sure.

The point of this discussion is that if he was a channel for god, then he gave me evidence that god is imperfect as follows. At that time I was involved in a Buddhist group led by Elizabeth Claire Prophet, who also was a channel. The messages she was channeling were a strong endorsement of the deployment of the space-based system, whereas my channel was saying that it was the beginning of the end of the world.

So one day I confronted Jomahales with this contradiction. He then went silent for about a minute. And when he came back, he said it was an experiment, which I thought was a cop-out; but I did not pursue the point. Afterall a channel is not like a forum.

I have said all the above before. But I think it is worth repeating as it is the closest I have come to communicating with god and it reveals, if true, much of how the godhead works. In short, god seems to be trying to influence both sides of every conflict. Rather imperfect god I would say. It seems more that god works through imperfection.

So there may be some aspect of the godhead that is entirely perfect, but also quite abstract and not able to communicate with humans directly. Rather the intentions of god must be filtered down through lessor beings that work in god's behalf, and who I presume are trying to get us through the nuclear suicide crisis at hand.

Another possibility is that the intentions of god can be distorted by the lessor beings- a concept we normally refer to as evil or Satanical- the ultimate attempt to influence both sides of ecery conflict and even create conflict.

Best regards,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins