Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Secularism Isn't Bad In That Way

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on July 10, 2003 00:37:06 UTC

Kyle,

By the way, that's why I get so ticked off when theists think all secularists are somehow 'spiritually inferior' or perhaps amoral. The thinking is that if secularists don't accept God, then they must not accept the things that God stands for. But in my own experience, some of my humanist friends demonstrate far more compassion for humankind and practice far greater tolerance than some devout Christians that I also know.

Secularism isn't bad in the amoral sense (i.e., amoral defined as not having morals). It is bad because it rejects the only thing in life that gives life ultimate purpose: God. That's not to say that secularism isn't helpful in balance, because secularism is very helpful if in a healthy combination with a spiritual belief in God. In short, having all secularism is evil and having not enough secularism is evil.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins