Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Has Kyle Read The Reckoning By David Halberstam?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mikey Pearson on July 9, 2003 19:48:28 UTC

Want to talk about the American car industry
in that period without being wrong, read that.
Your analogy did not work with me -- I read it.
The Japanese studied the American car industry
piece by piece and saved huge amounts in research. Then, while folks here were heeding
the call to "be nice...don't tell folks when
their facts, logic and engineering are wrong and
lies have been detected in major areas of their paperwork" ...the Japanese proceeded to be "ruthless" (in a good way) with improving engineering designs. Admittedly the lack of "lifetime loyalty" to this forum by some has caused them to leave when their pet theories were exposed ( I think gently, not with "shock and awe" --Kyle, those were physical bombs. All I did was tell the truth without malice.).
Is the world all polite? Are you saying I'm less gentle than the world? Do you wear silk gloves?
I don't ask for lack of criticism. But when criticism is leveled at me which is factually false, illogical, or shows lack of understanding of proportionality or cause and effect, then I have a right to answer it. When a person answers in clear and malicious deceptiveness, maybe they are not quite the savior of the forum that you thought they would be. Bad money chases out good, admittedly, but I am not bad money.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins