Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Where's The Radio Station?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on July 7, 2003 18:07:04 UTC

Radios need transmitters, and transmitters are very similar to radios themselves, only they work "backwards". The problem with the brain-as-radio metaphor is that it leaves the 'transmitter' issue unanswered. But I think there must be some truth to it, it certainly provides a good explanation for some supposedly "paranormal" phenomena.

" One of the things I find exceedingly curious is: why did the subjects (in the book) always describe an overwhelming feeling of belonging and of waking up to whatever it was they "woke up" to "

I suppose the easiest way to answer that question is to examine the very familiar experience of waking up from sleep. How does it feel to wake up? What is it really? As far as my experience goes, to wake up is to move into a world where more things make sense. It's often a relieve when, after struggling to make sense of a dream, I find myself back in good old reality, where almost everything makes perfect sense.

I suppose if I were suddenly able to make sense of the things I don't usually understand, such as the more metaphysical issues of life and death, then I'd probably think I have just woken up from a somewhat confusing dream. But I have never done that, so I don't really know.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins