Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Cannot Recall A Single Serious Response From Mike

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on July 7, 2003 13:57:28 UTC

Over and over again I have presented serious posts to all and some specifically in response to a posts of Mike. But I cannot remember a single response from Mike in which he actually discussed any of the issues I raised.

I have collected most of Mike's responses to me and many of his to others in a book. There is not a single serious response from Mike in that book.

In this last thread where I said "always", I had posted the fact that in the Talmud from the oral tradition of Moses, he gave us the principles and means to modify and change the laws he gave us in the Torah.

Mike made no comment on that. He "never" responds constructively to any of my posts.

In his very first post (actually second) in response to a welcome message he said that in essence the welcome message was worthless:

Here is what he said:

"Re: welcome - carefuluniverse - November 13, 2001 - 04:52 UTC
Didn't we meet in the Asylum at Caltech
in a previous intarnation?
Thanks for welco-ing me. I traded it
(along with .65 and tip) for two cups
of coffee. Yum! I do not need to defend
that 2+2=4 and I am too ADHD to defend
the elegace of the geometry of Chlorophyll."

In his first response to me, to a detailed argument supporting my opinion in response to a post of his, in which at the end I said I was anxiously awaiting his reply, he merely said he was sorry to make me anxious and never responded to any of mt arguments.

Since then I have made no effort to present rational arguments to him for they fall on deaf ears. In fact I prefer not to ever discourse with him except to defend myself, a daily requirement.

If you say something meaningful he will just blow you off by asking for the definition of words or some similar step aside strategy. "All" of us have experienced that Mike, or should I say Meek treatment. There are several examples of it in todays forum posts. I have read constructive posts of his to others, but "never" to me.

So in the above post from Mike in which he seizes on the word "always", it is my opinion that the word is used correctly.

Richard

PS If you want a copy of the book please email me at yanniru@harvard.alumni.net

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins