Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Respect Transgendered Persons And Eunuchs As Fully Human

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on July 7, 2003 06:14:59 UTC

Someone being "it" is fully deserving of respect in my view, Harv. I respect transgendered persons and eunuchs as fully human Thank you for the opportunity to clarify this point, Harv. lysithea is called "it" when I realize the credibility of its claim to be of a particular gender is dubious. Since I too have the desire to defend damsels in distress, I understood when Mark rushed to the rescue. I asked him to check closely what was going on.

By the way, a novel which was one inspiration to Arthur C. Clarke to become a science fiction author,
"Last and First Men," published 1931, begins with a scenario in which a world war is caused by the emotional impact, of a beloved woman being victimized, on her countrymen . It has long been known that most men become angry when anyone messes with a woman's safety in polite surroundings (of course some men are hypocrites in other situations).
So when an anonymous (relax, Harv) "female" starts playing the injured duck and it becomes apparent to me that it is a manipulation, I call bull* because it is a dangerous-appearing scenario.

If I call lysithea "it," I also post my complaint about it as if remedy is possible.
Surprisingly, the manipulation goes on and on
as if psychobabble and "injured-duckism" is the
topic of the forum.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins