Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Lol...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mark on July 6, 2003 19:23:41 UTC

Just chuckling at:

~~~We probably all yearn to be original and in the possible interconnections between things, there is probably room for us all to occupy an informational niche created by the ponderous aggregation of lines of thought already oozing forward through time with us. But can we depart from interconnectioned ideas to pose a piece of the puzzle which will fit in later but for now has no contiguous partners? This is enabled by pure abstraction, maybe, in the style of Mendeleev, who made a periodic table by extrapolating and arranging something which was incoherent mush to most of us.~~~

Wow. That definitely sounds like the colorful creative language of a fiction author to me; only Mike could take a whole paragraph to get the above point across. Mike, I mean that with the utmost friendliness ... consider me a buddy whose just giving you a hard time. Please take no offense.

"If we (the universe) don't have purpose now, we have the option of choosing purpose to go on."

...I love that one. Great comment.

It reminds me of when I was reading all those conspiracy books on globalization, the Illuminati agenda, the truth about war with Iraq, the truth about 9/11, the truth about why we're losing our freedoms in America...

I felt miserable, hopeless, and depressed about our future America. But then I realized: people that don't read those books don't have to be chained down with feelings of misery, hopelessness, and depression. Ignorance is bliss. I'll choose ignorance thank you very much, and move on with my future aspirations regardless of all that Language Removed that's happening. Napolean Hill's great inspirational classics taught me that it is ultimately what you choose and choose not to believe which decides your destiny-your own personal beliefs dictate your successes, failures, audacity, confidence, accomplishments, and short-comings. I'll choose not to believe there's a conspiracy just as I'll choose to believe the universe has a purpose. It makes life better that way.

But there's always that battling other side of me that nags me everytime I hear "Bush this" or "Bush that" on CNN, and yet another country wants to blow the arrogant global imperialist Americans up. Of course, maybe they don't want to blow us up; that could just be propaganda used as a justification for invading our next country, or alienating our enemy nation North Korea. America: "Do as I say not as I do. No you may not have nukes, only we can. That will ensure our military superiority and slate as a world dictator. The bill of rights legaly protects the freedoms of our citizens; it doesn't say anything about the rest of the world though. Now do this & that or face sanctions!..."

I'm still working on changing a few of my beliefs. They're like habits ... hard to get rid of once you have 'em.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins