Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Islam, The Religion

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Nahla Ghoneim on July 5, 2003 16:53:28 UTC

From what I read on the forum, I thought you need to know something about the subject.

“What impressed me the most was how practical Islam is - how it encompasses a rule and a lesson for almost every facet of living.”

“What I found was a religion whose moral teachings closely resembled the values I had been taught by my parents: belief in God, respect for others, truthfulness, courtesy, charity and honor. What was new was the clarity and vibrance of Islam, and the fact that all of these values were integrated into a complete and seamless system. Islamic teachings were sublime, subtle and easy to understand.”

This is an overview of Islam as a religion.

Islam’s view of our creation is that God has created us to know Him and consequently worship Him. The basis of all true worship is God-consciousness. Since the teachings of Islam cover all aspects of life and ethics. Worship in Islam is not limited to religious rituals. The teachings of Islam act as a mercy and a healing for the human soul, and such qualities as humility, sincerity, patience and charity are strongly encouraged. Additionally, Islam condemns over-pride and self-righteousness. The Islamic view of the nature of man is also realistic and well-balanced. Human beings are not believed to be inherently sinful, but are seen as equally capable of both good and evil. Islam also teaches that faith and action go hand-in-hand. God has given people free-will, and the measure of one's faith is one's deeds and actions. However, the nature of human beings have also been created weak and regularly fall into sin and therefore the avenue of repentance of always open to all human beings.
Muslims believe that all human beings will ultimately be judged by God for their beliefs and actions in their earthly lives. In judging human beings, God will be both Merciful and Just, and people will only be judged for what they were capable of. Islam teaches that life is a test, and that all human beings will be accountable before God.
A direct and clear relationship with Almighty God, as well as the sense of purpose and belonging that ones feels as a Muslim, frees a person from the many worries of everyday life. It builds self-discipline and self-control throughout regular prayer and fasting, and frees human beings from superstition and all sorts of racial, ethnic and national prejudices. In short, a path by which true human dignity and freedom is realized.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins