Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Answers To Your Questions

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Nahla Ghoneim on July 5, 2003 16:52:10 UTC

You’re right. “There is no claim in Islam that Allah talks only to muslims” because there isn’t even a claim that he “talks” to Muslims in the first place. If you mean to prophet Mohammed, that was only once, unlike the case with prophet Moses for example.

I really don’t know where you get these ideas about the Quran. Nothing in the Quran says “the most spiritual of all men is the faithful jew”. And please tell me how Muslims treat jews. You’re forgetting that they lived and worshiped freely under Muslims’ rule, when they were persecuted and expelled in Europe. Palestinians are now fighting for the legitimate home that was taken from them 50 years ago.

I don’t know what you mean by “interested in a religion”. Anyhow, my aim is to get you to respect Islam by correcting the wrong ideas you have about it. You can’t be angrier with today’s Muslims more than I am. But you also can’t ask of any civilization to remain at its peak forever. Like any civilization, Islamic civilization has its ups and downs. And the case with it is that its ups and downs were connected with how much it follows Islam’s teachings. Another fact is that our ups have been longer than our downs. And we have been through worse downs than this one. The bottom line is, this nation will never die. We already see signs of change. And hey, there are successful good Muslims too.
The point is don’t lose the beauty of the religion because of its followers.

That’s what I said before, there’s only one God and he sent many messengers. You say “All religions come from god with more or less human distortion.” The point is, there’s no distortion in the Quran. It’s preserved to the letter in the same language it was originally revealed in, and doesn’t have any inconsistencies whatsoever. I only mentioned 2 scientific consistencies from the Quran, whereas there’re hundreds. Don’t think that’s what the Quran is about. And you’re right, that’s not a reason for you to become Muslim. I’ll send another post on Islam the religion.

I think I answered your questions.
We all do.

Nahla

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins