Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Thank You

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on July 4, 2003 19:36:30 UTC

The reason it matters that I am not anonymous even if you have not read my resume and biography and "don't care" is that others might be aware who I am, having identified me by my resume and biography.

I sure appreciate your high standards on this,
and your ability to express a clear vision of the truth of these matters inspires me. See, you can lay a programming track.

If you have time and inclination, a clarification might help me see what you mean by this:
I wrote:
~~~Thus, "attack on me" is clearly a propaganda term rather than a real description of what occurred.~~~

You replied:
...remember that next time you address Yanniru.

Yanniru made statements to me, some of which were removed, such as,"I love to kick you when you're down." and
"You have my undying hatred."
Yanniru has repeatedly made statements about me such as
"I just cannot stand the kind of person he is. "

This last one is demagogery -- an appeal to emotion instead of reason, and done in a way so as to attempt to create a negative feeling about without substantiating his reasons. This is a special kind of communication, I think, not covered in our foregoing discussion.
In fact, the body of his hate-and-dislike speech formed a pretty large batch of words - and this is not reference to specific disagreements we had where he called into question my honest in a specific post -- which would be easily resolved if the archives were complete.
Anyway, thanks.
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2018 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins