Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Logic? Nature? God? Definitely Not Us

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on July 4, 2003 14:24:37 UTC

" I'm surprised at your shortsightedness. "

You are a funny guy Harv. Insofar as scientific knowledge allows you to dream, you show unabashed devotion to it. But as soon as I offer you solid science as a wake-up call, you start denying it.

Are you ready to maintain that Einstein was wrong? Sometimes I do so in a jokingly manner, but you seem to be taking the idea of superluminal travel very seriouly.

" A primitive species of hominids discover science, and they immediately know the limits of space travel? "

A primitive species of hominids discover logic, and they immediately know what is logical and what isn't.

Notice I didn't say you can't visit another planet, another galaxy, another universe. All I'm saying is, you can't do that the way you think. You can't board a spacecraft and fly away faster than light, by all means that is just impossible and any person with a decent education in physics knows that. But who knows, maybe you can teleport yourself?

" I don't buy it, not even for a second. "

You don't buy into your ability to know what is true and what is false? You don't buy into your ability to know the truth about 'buying' and the truth about 'second'?

Thought is full of blind alleys, but blind alleys sometimes appear as ordinary streets. Until you bump into a wall, that is.

" As W.C. Fields might say "hominids go away, you bug me". "

What did W. C. Fields know about relativity? Is he as much an authority as Einstein?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins