Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You Do Not _acknowledge_ Limits - Setting Them Is Not Up To You

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on July 4, 2003 12:50:55 UTC

Harv,

I offered you hard facts and math, you offered me poetry. I'm not impressed.

Tell me how you think it's possible for a massive object to move at superluminal speeds, in clear violation of relativity, and I'll apologize. Show me, in numbers, how the energy required to accelerate a spacecraft to relativistic speeds will not blow the crew away, and I'll admit my stupidity. Just don't give me your passion for science and technology as evidence of anything, because I'm not going to buy it.

" Speculation of limitations is just as shortsighted as speculation of successes. We just don't know. "

I'm not speculating and I do know. It's not my opinion that "warp speed" is unscientific Language Removed, it's good, well-established science. The only people who believe the speed of light can be exceeded are the ones who don't understand why it cannot. Clearly your case.

I'm sorry for being so harsh, but you invite it.

Cheers,

Aurino

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins