Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
OK I Love Jesus Too

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on July 1, 2003 15:33:40 UTC

I love him so much that I became jewish just to be more like him. I do respect and like you. But I call a spade a spade and it became apparent from my bible class experience that Jesus was more jewish than christian- at least when alive. That may have changed after his death and he may be indeed responsible for all the revisions that have moved christianity away from judaism.

Regarding all the laws of moses that Jesus seemingly said we had to keep to get into heaven. I as you do not think that we have to keep them all. Only Orthodox jews do. The Reform Jews have modified the laws along the lines that moses left instructions for, as I discussed elsewhere. Many of the laws in addition cannot be kept for lack of a temple and the red cow.

I do think Jesus gave us a higher law. He essentially said that it matters how perfect you are. It matters what you think. Whereas the jews seem to believe that they are free to work up to the boundaries of the law. That's why they make such good lawyers.

But the old jewish prophets were constantly upgrading the law. Jesus is entirely consistent being a prophet in this sense.

So do not think that I am against you. No religion is perfect. Not Judaism, not mine. Not sure about yours. I would like to hear more about your living prophet.

From my heart,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins