Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Would Like To Correct One Item

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on July 1, 2003 02:02:12 UTC

You said "but if you're Christian for example, the entire law of Moses (not saying many parts don't) should not apply to you because the savior came and fulfilled the law of Moses and gave man a higher law"

Whereas Jesus said "Matt.5
"[17]Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfil them.
[18] For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished.
[19] Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. "

Mike will complain that I am saying this again. I wish he would just butt out. But read what Jesus says. It seems to me, if he was talking to Christianity, that he said that christians have to keep all 13 laws of Moses. He did add to the list by saying love your enemy and Judge not, that you be not judged and he broadened the definition of adultery to include thinking.

But his summation of the law, to love the lord your god with all your heart soul and might is the mantra of judaism and to love your neighbor as yourself is found in both Leviticus and Deutronomy.

So I ask you Lysithea, is what Jesus said sound like Christians need not keep all the laws of mases.

Regards,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins