Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Answer To Jbrook

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on June 29, 2003 01:49:54 UTC

Hi John Brook,

"can I ask you why you talk so much about physics and so little about traditional Christian doctrine? "

Some time ago (couple of years?) I wrote something at the (since closed) forum "Counterbalance". That is where I met Harv, Aurino, Paul, Dr. Dick.

After posting some more stuff I then posted a long post about amazing experiences I had had when I set out to investigate "what exists" (see this forum "Squares 1 to 35" I think it's called).

More recently "Sound Of Silence" covers some of the same material.

At Counterbalance I invited Luis Hamburgh; who semed to be the toughest challenger / debater; to discuss my comments.

His reply was challenging and I dug deep to answer it. I wrote a long post in reply and in the proces of preparing my reply I discovered some intetresting ideas.

When Dr. Dick arrived on the scene; with his references to his "Foundations Of Physical Reality" paper; I saw straight away he seemed to be on to something.

As well as al this; having being raised as a Catholic I already saw deep conections between Christianity and my experiences of being a newborn baby (I have some recall) and with insights related to my consciousness investigations etc. and insights when I prepared a reply to Luis.

seeing a harmony apearing that maight dissolve science and religion through each other; and experiencing further inspiration and insight from discussion forum debates and reading physics etc.; I have continued to try out ideas in discussion.

If you look back through my posts you will see plenty of references to Christian ideas.

Regards,

Alan

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins