Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
God And Science Forever Separate?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Clear Water George on April 17, 2000 19:36:03 UTC

If I am to understand Dale Lake`s perspective, whether it is called a theory or not, the person has a perspective, then I can see that God and Science are limited in their joining by Godel`s Incompleteness Theorem. It seems Mr. Godel spent much time on the question of God? also.

If the system we live in as part of and every part contains the whole, since Mr. Lake believes the whole is all there is, then no scientist could ever get outside the whole. Mr. Godel says we can`t prove that the whole is even whole or that the whole is all there is unless we can measure it from outside that system.

So if God is the Void then God is not measurable, just like Einstein`s experience with the aether, and if God`s creation is all One with no other, then science can never prove any of this, and that`s scientifically proven.

So what we have is a sort of natural separation of church and state. We can believe in God without requiring proof, but to disbelieve in this unity of God, the science would require proof.

To believe in God requires no proof, but to insist in the nonexistance of God requires proof.

Interesting zen game Mr. Lake has created for us. I can`t find the holes in his self-proclaimed theory

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins