Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Thanks, Mike ...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by William Cao on June 21, 2003 12:46:51 UTC

I am Christian myself. I treated persons like Einstein as God for many years, then, I was disappointed. Human could not "think" like God and they make mistakes. Bigger thinker makes bigger mistake, whoever contribute no idea makes no mistake. General Relativity could not explain sigularity, resolving the issue reasonably may hold keys to many other issues. But if we treat Einstein as God and stretch the theory, we may waste our time to study something, such as Black Hole, does not exist. Once people know the truth, they can see thing clear. I want to thank Bruce specially. His is willing to discuss with me even though we have some fundamental disagreements. His knowledges about General Relativity will help me a lot. I did not have a good GR book until he sent URLs to me. It took years for me to accept the Special Relativity and took years for me to come up with some solutions. I do not expect people accept a new theory quickly.
I did not answer your questions because my mind is preoccupied with issues now and can not think straight.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins