Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Dot Is A Placeholder Concept -- A Fine Post!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Not On Your Life on June 19, 2003 13:54:28 UTC

Hi David,
That post was a fresh breeze. Welcome to the forum!
Your youth could not have all been misspent...
Your post reminded me of the heady days of youth too, when we are invited to the far away frontier of understanding. Death helped create emotion, you say? It does seem poignant that even stars expire, never to return. Their
"life" is envied, perhaps, but not appreciated
by us all for the mortal beings they are.

It might at times have seemed lonely being an integrative thinker on such a grand scale, but you are not entirely alone! http://www.arthuryoung.com/ is interesting
although I am not a hype-follower. I loaned away my only copy of one of Arthur Young's books over two years ago, but I have a wistful memory that it contains the kind of adventures in mind that I can only go on when in the best of health. Now that I am drinking more water,
lots of fresh vegetable juice, and getting lots of physical work in the fresh air, your post reminds me of this frontier of thought
-- integrating cosmology and "meaning of life."
Sincerely,
Mike Pearson

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins