Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
We Seem To Be In Agreement On Everything

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on June 12, 2003 11:13:23 UTC

Bruce,

It was even nice to read your description of GR as a model and that we do not really know what gravity is, just how to model it in several different versions.

My problem with that paper was that I expected that GR was a complete model that included force, that is, the force of gravity. So I could not understand how time could ever differ from what GR predicted (which include spacetime curvature effects).

I do think time can be measured. But I am not current on all the possible ways of looking at time.

I am more concerned with whether or not time is a bonefide dimension. The only hard evidence I am aware of is non-scientific and not so hard. It is that a supernatural record of all that ever happened supposedly exists called the Akaskic Records.

It seems to me that this could be so if everything that ever happens in the past fills the time dimension, and that the past is perhaps then available for examination, say through hypnosis or other means. Of course, that leaves the future sort of dimensionless or at least probablistic.

Anyway, that the kind of thing is what I like to think about. I do not expect that you have a similar tendency, despite our alter ego status on this forum. I take it as an honor to be slashed together with/you.

Thanks for responding

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins