Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Tibetian Book Of The Dead

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on June 11, 2003 11:50:57 UTC

The Tibetian Book of the Dead, which I am told is Buddhist, explains what happenes to you right after death.
----------------
On succeeding days bright lights come to you along with soft lights, each day being different colors.

The soft lights are attractive and make you feel secure, and the bright lights are scary.

Yet in order to be saved you must do one-pointed meditation on the bright lights, which are the coherent intelligence your have accumulated for this lifetinme being radiated away. (Like a laser I thought when first reading that)

But that is not enough for any of us to be saved as no human has sufficient power for salvation.

If you are a Buddhist, then your guru must pray for your salvation. Even relatives in praying for you can help you get salvation.

But if no one is available or if you are not Buddhist, the Lord of Great Salvation, who is available for every one, can be prayed to during one-pointed meditation and salvation will be yours.

--------------------

Glenn, if your are familiar with this book and I have not rendered its explanation correctly, please correct what I have said, or anyone else who knows the book.

But presuming that my recollection of the book is correct, it seems to contradict what you have said in the above post - that we save ourselves.
We do not save ourselves. We need help.

And the help the is available for every one, Buddhist or not Buddhist, sounds very much to me like just what Jesus was saying, that Christ is available for everyone's salvation.

So I would like your comments on this idea, or anyone else's. If different religions teach the same thing, is it not much more likely to be true?

Regards,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins