Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: Nothing

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.O.Sofir on April 13, 2000 02:33:26 UTC

Hi Dale, I agree that there cannot be either a total seperateness or unity because although the great nothingness is everywhere, occupying the points we do as well as all else, the two are not alike in thier fundemental properties, meaning that nothingness has none, so cannot connect with us or anything in the world of "being/existing" which we are a part of, although without it the reality we live in could not exist without the reality of nothingness to allow the existance to exist, although again, this is not due to any creative mind or directive, but simply the way things are, such that we should be thankful. I am thankful to have existed, to have thought, and believe that I have found all I will ever find in truth although more support for the reality of it may be part of the experiance for the rest of my life. However, I may find later tha I was wrong, and accept this possibility so that it will not adversely affect me if and when I come to this conclusion, such things can have a catostrophic affect on ones state of mind if not prepared to accept a new reality when it is found to be more possible than the one currently accepted/belived.
I hope that you find what you are searching for:)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins