Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
My $0.02

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on June 4, 2003 19:27:56 UTC

With respect to the existence of god, I have been taking a bottom up approach in which I try to explore all that could be metaphysical without the existence of god.

So far I am persuaded by physics that a supernatural world exists with the appropriate characteristics to be a heaven- that is, no friction. As well I think that human consciousness can exist in that world- in fact whether dead or alive. Information can easily be stored in that world and be passed back and forth between the natural and supernatural world. Intelligent beings can exist in both worlds and pass back and forth as well. Death and rebirth is the normal means of passage but may not be a requirement.

I am stuck on how beings in the supernatural world can actively interfere in the natural world. That seems to be the case , but I do not understand how it is possible. There are many proposals for how it can happen but none really appeal to me. One such example is that the probablistic nature of quantum wave collapse could be controlled. There are many other such proposals. But none seem to have enough control to be characteristic of a god.

But lately I am beginning to think that the natural world is controlled by math and information- somewhat like Plato. Double slit experiments, where the photon is detected but not perturbed, yet the interference pattern is eliminated, suggests that we are controlled by information. If so, then once understood, the math laws of information may predictthe top-down control of physical experiences. That would admit the characteristics of godlike control. But our understanding of information is not there yet.

The Maharashi Effect, where the thinking of a large group of people is controlled by the prayers of a small group (within the larger), is an avenue to pursue. It seems to me to be mathematically analogous to sampling theory where the notions of a small group are sampled to predict the notions of a large group of people.

I would not put much stock in this approach except that Frieden has expanded on Fisher Information, which comes from sampling theory, to derive most of the equations of physics. Our own Doctordick has done the same, and a feature of his derivation is the existence of known data, like the prayer group, and the concurrent existence of unknowable data.

If the world is controlled by information as suggested at least by Fisher Information, then we (the generic we, not I) may on that basis be able to develop a model for top-down control of information.

This of course is just an inkling. But it is how I would approach finding the hidden god. It's more difficult than just not logging in.

dummerdick

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins