Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Still Sitting On The Fence

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Blaine Steinert on June 4, 2003 13:02:02 UTC

I'm still new in this room but I haven't decided whether it's the type of room I want to get involved with. On the one hand I see many intelligent, informed people. On the other hand I see a lot of trolls who don't seem to know much about science, and who don't seem to be too interested in talking about God either.

The crackpots usually have scientific backgrounds and are fun to kick around. They're usually reasonably intelligent. But the trolls can be, and usually are, featherbrained losers whose emotional outbursts are no more meaningful than the extent to which it helps them alleviate some minor part of their arrested emotional development. Can't help but imagine a 35 year old still lliving at home in his parents' basement, listening to old Yes albums, and wondering how long before he can safely quit his current position as produce manager of the local Piggly Wiggly.

Has anyone appealed to the webmaster about establishing moderators? Not that I really have a whole lot of brilliant insight to offer, but for what it's worth I'm very close to writing this room off as a waste of time.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins