Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Anonymous Bruce Tells Mike To "otherwise Bug Off"

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Not On Your Life on June 4, 2003 03:01:06 UTC

What does that mean, anonymous bruce?

anonymous bruce's entire communique:

Title: "If You Thought The Discussion On Elliptical Orbits"
Message: "was pontification then you need to go get a refresher on physics. Otherwise bug off."

I used the word "pontificate" in the standard definition "to speak dogmatically." I have not
chosen to critically discuss your pontification about elliptical orbits because it is not controversial to me. Aside from the merits of your exasperated dismissal of Dr. Dick's ideas,
you have not been venturing ideas other than the standard view of mainstream science and some leading physicists. Invoking the standard view is not any disservice, but many of your posts have been almost free of content -- mere insults -- and you have avoided discussing ideas I have raised -- which shows that insults were more important to you, for several months, than
conversation. How did this come to be?

Certainly, you are
1) relating to us the standard view about
elliptical orbits
2) avoiding most questions which cannot be
answered by trotting out the standard view

That is pontificating.

Cordially,
Your "clueless nitwit pariah" Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins